Flipit PC-Engine Game
Writing a game or demo is difficult in assembler, and as a result I never
quite finished my previous game "Blox"... at least not yet.
With the release of HuC
writing a game or demo has become much easier. As a proof-of-concept, I decided to
write something relatively simple that demonstrates the power of the compiler.
"Flipit" will be an open-source work, with this webpage
devoted to its progress. Updates will happen as frequently as possible,
but due to my job (and family) this may not be very frequent.
The source code for this game is published (with considerable comments!),
for the purposes of education and attracting more developers to this
wonderful gaming platform. I would like to add sound effects and music
eventually as well.
The target platform is a "HuCard" (ROM, not CD), so it should be
playable on most emulators and even real systems with RAM-card devices.
- Demo #1 is available today. WOW, this came
together in less than one week !
- The game is playable, and has a simple computer AI.
- There is also a 'hint' feature (hold down 'B' button,
and press SELECT)
- Use HuC version 1.3 to compile this (unfortunately, this is an
- Demo #2 is also available today. This one is
a slightly older version of Flipit (the AI has only one setting - simple),
but brought into line with programming standards for HuC version 1.4
by Zeograd (THANKS, ZEO !)
- This game will be included with future HuC releases
- I think Zeograd will continue some work on this game; I will try
to collaborate with him instead of writing it alone
- Use Huc version 1.4 to compile this.
Special Thanks to:
- David Michel, author of MagicEngine and MagicKit, and co-author of HuC
- Zeograd, author of Hu-Go! and co-author of HuC
- Bt Garner, who also runs the TurboList
(c) Copyright 2000 by Dave Shadoff
Last Updated: 2000/08/26 by Dave Shadoff