Rat Non-Fiction Titles
Most of this information and further details may be found at the
Library of Congress. This was
the source of most of the book descriptions printed here.
- The Rat: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet by Ginger Cardinal, 1998
- Howell Beginner's Guide to Mice, Including Fancy Rats by John Coborn,
1986 - Discusses the basic aspects of caring for mice and rats, including
their varieties, feeding, breeding, ailments, and exhibiting.
- Rat Health Care by Debbie Ducommun, 1995-96 see
The Rat Fan Club for
- Rats by Susan Fox, 1983 - A guide for caring for one's pet rat and keeping it
happy and healthy.
- Mice and Rats by Fiona Henrie, 1980 - A guide to the care, feeding, and
enjoyment of mice and rats as pets.
- Rats: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual by Carol A. Himsel, D.M.V.
- The Proper Care of Fancy Rats by Jim Mays, 1993
- Taking Care of Your Mice and Rats by Joyce Pope, 1987 - Discusses the
selection, feeding, exercise, and health and hygiene of a pet mouse or rat.
- Mice & Rats by K. W. Smith, 1976
- Mice and Rats by Anna and Michael Sproule, 1989 - Describes the physical
characteristics, habits, and natural environment of domesticated mice and
rats and gives instructions on how to care for them as pets.
If you know of a book that isn't on this list, or have a book review you
would like to see here, please contact me at
Last updated December 24, 1998
Return to Home Page